LAFCU takes our member security and privacy seriously. We have a variety of standards and procedures in place to protect you.
We have seen an increasing number of scam texts and wanted to share some quick and easy tips to help you keep your information safe.
Please see what to look for in the current text scam:
- Our name is no longer Lansing Automakers Federal Credit Union. Our legal name is LAFCU.
- The link does NOT go to a LAFCU website and is not a secure link. A secure link will contain "https" not http.
Additional things to look for:
- When dealing with text scams you may notice things such as grammatical errors or goofy looking web links.
- Make sure you recognize the phone number the message is coming from.
- When in doubt, take a few extra seconds to close the message, login to your account from a known website url or app. It could save you a lot of trouble!
There are steps you can take to help minimize risk and protect the security of your accounts and personal information.
Tips to Protect Your Identity
- Review your financial statements and monitor transactions regularly
- Order a free credit report at Annual Credit Report
- It is safer to use Bill Pay or Auto Pay than to mail checks.
- Request that a free security freeze be placed on your credit file by contacting each of the three reporting agencies and/or contacting the FTC to receive additional information regarding security freezes
- Never leave your device unattended when using online financial services
- Lock your computer or mobile device whenever you leave it unattended
- Keep your devices up to date - it's important to stay current with system and browser updates to protect you from security threats
- Never use public information or common names or phrases, birth dates, etc. to create your password
- Do not reveal your password to anyone
- Do not accept friend requests from people you do not know on social networking sites
In today's digital world, it's critical that you protect your identity; it's more than just keeping your ATM, credit and debit cards secure.Go to main navigation