Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) are savings plans where eligible individuals can receive tax advantages for medical expenses. If you have a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), you may be eligible for an HSA.
- HSA contributions are tax deductible – whether made by you, your employer, or others on your behalf.
- Earnings on your HSA are tax-deferred and HSA assets used for qualified medical expenses are never taxed.
- The funds in your HSA roll over from year to year – no need to worry about using the funds by year-end.
LAFCU makes it easy and convenient
When you open an HSA at LAFCU, you have options. That means greater flexibility, easier access, and maximum convenience.
- HSA Checking Account - No minimum balance and easy access by check or debit card.
- HSA Savings Account - Easy access to your account through debit or checking account. A $5.00 minimum balance is required.
- HSA Money Market Account - No minimum balance requirement.
- HSA Certificate - Choose from a variety of terms for maximum flexibility.
Not sure if an HSA is right for you? We'll walk you through the details, including eligibility and contribution guidelines.
Call us at 517-622-6600 or speak with a LAFCU representative through our online chat.Go to main navigation