Write a one-page 500 word essay (essays not meeting 500 word count or exceeding one-page will be excluded from scoring)
• Typed in Times New Roman
• 12 point font
• Single spaced
• One-inch margins
• Do not include your name or school name in your essay
If you had the opportunity to change the future of the Workplace, what would you change and why?
Students will be graded using a 1-5 pt. scale, using the following criteria:
1. Specifically followed the requirements and directions of the essay contest
3. Correct spelling/grammar
February 1, 2023 through March 31, 2023
Please upload entries to the online form below. (If you are under 18, we will need page 3 of the application completed and mailed to the address below)
• Mail entries to: LAFCU Attn: Marketing P.O. Box 26188, Lansing, MI 48909
* If mailing, please complete and mail the application with your essay.
The winner will be selected on Friday, April 14, 2023. A copy of a current high school student identification card or transcript will validate the winner's eligibility.
As part of our mission of people helping people, LAFCU will donate $500 to an organization in our community on your behalf, if you are selected as our 2023 ‘Write to Educate’ scholarship winner. Please select from the following worthy organizations and briefly explain why you chose them:
Capital Area Humane Society
The Capital Area Humane Society is passionate about the humane treatment of companion animals in Mid-Michigan. They provide a variety of programs and services to assist over 10,000 animals each year.
Greater Lansing Food Bank
The Greater Lansing Food Bank provides emergency food to families, children, retirees, and veterans throughout the Mid-Michigan area. They offer access to nutritious food to help people who are experiencing food insecurity.
Capital Area United Way
The Capital Area United Way supports Mid-Michigan programs that address health and human services needs. They provide education, health services, basic essentials, and financial assistance to those in need.
Awarding of the Scholarship
1. The winner must be attending college in the state of Michigan and have a valid Student ID number as the funds will be submitted to the respective college in the winner’s name.
2. Any unused portion of the scholarship after two years from the date of issue may be returned to the grantor.
*Employees of LAFCU and their immediate family members are excluded.