- LAFCU offers $10K in college scholarships, $2K in charity donations
Winner selection based on 1-page essay about pandemic impact; application deadline March 31
- LAFCU names James McHale as chief financial officer
McHale has more than 20 years of executive experience with small-to-large credit unions. Positions he has held include CFO, COO, CEO and chief risk officer.
- LAFCU presents virtual MLK celebration for kids Jan. 12
LAFCU is presenting a free, virtual, kids-focused celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Tuesday, Jan. 12, 7 p.m.
- LAFCU hires Rebecca Allan as commercial loan officer
Allan, a 20-year veteran of the banking and finance industry, will work to provide lending opportunities to businesses and investors throughout Michigan.
- Pandemic crisis moves LAFCU to double number of scholarships
Credit union awards $10,000 in scholarships, $2,000 in charity donations for its annual Write to Educate Essay Contest
- LAFCU offers virtual family Christmas Special Dec. 15
Event features Santa, reindeer, holiday music, and launches LAFCU program to encourage reading among children
- LAFCU promotes Brian Tribell to new risk analysis position
LAFCU has created the position of risk analyst to augment the credit union’s risk management.
- LAFCU awards LCC scholarships to 3 women pursuing delayed careers
LAFCU has awarded college scholarships to three women who are pursuing education needed for careers that have been postponed by life circumstances.
- Governor appoints LAFCU’s Kelli Ellsworth Etchison to Michigan’s Black Leadership Advisory Council
The council was created to serve in an advisory capacity to the governor and develop, review and recommend policies and actions designed to prevent and eradicate discrimination and racial inequity in Michigan.
- LAFCU wins national marketing, branding awards
Three LAFCU marketing and branding initiatives have been recognized in the 2020 MAC Awards, with one entry earning the top award in its category.