- LAFCU names Jeremy Sampson as VP of facilities
Sampson’s new responsibilities include development and support of strategic initiatives involving the credit union’s 10 branches, such as building allocation, expansion and modification, research and profitability analysis.
- LAFCU's Patrick Spyke named Michigan Credit Union Professional of the Year
This Professional of the Year award recognizes an individual whose leadership and accomplishments in 2019 have bettered their organization and the credit union movement statewide.
- Credit Union introduces LAFCU Investment Services, names advisor
Investment options include stocks, bonds, mutual funds, annuities, retirement and college savings plans, and insurance products such as life and long-term care.
- LAFCU opens LCC scholarship applications for adult women
The Michigan credit union will award three $1,000 Lansing Community College scholarships to women pursuing education needed to enter or re-enter the workforce or to advance in their careers.
- Two credit unions unite to support food program’s soaring need
Two Lansing-based credit unions have joined forces to help meet the soaring need of feeding the hungry throughout Greater Lansing in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
- LAFCU’s Morgan Pray promoted to West Lansing Branch assistant manager
In her new position, Pray oversees branch operations, including teller and lending functions, and has staff supervisory responsibilities.
- LAFCU’s Ellsworth Etchison receives chamber’s Community Service Award
Kelli Ellsworth Etchison has received the Community Service Award from the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce. She is LAFCU’s chief marketing officer.
- LAFCU wins 5 national marketing awards
LAFCU has won five marketing awards in the 17th Annual Service Industry Advertising Awards competition, with two entries winning the top awards in their categories.
- LAFCU and its employees donate more than $21,000 to local charities
LAFCU’s Giving Committee organized dress down days, auctions and other events for LAFCU employees to raise funds for benefiting Greater Lansing and Shiawassee County charities.
- LAFCU’s Julianne Ackerson to receive Shiawassee chamber Mission Award
LAFCU’s Julianne Ackerson has been selected to receive the 2020 Mission Award from the Shiawassee Regional Chamber of Commerce at its Annual Dinner and Awards Night, Feb. 6.