Just in case, Overdraft Tolerance (ODT) is here for you when you accidentally overdraft. We’ve all been there; you may have lost track of the balance or just forgot to transfer funds. Save yourself the time, hassle, and money on merchant fees that could happen with a returned transaction.
When you sign-up for ODT, we can help pay overdrafts on the following types of transactions*:
- Automatic bill payments
- Preauthorized automatic debits
- Other transactions made with your account number
Ready to get started?
Call us at 517-622-6600 or speak with a LAFCU representative through our online chat.
* A member must repay or cover an overdraft within 30 days or the Overdraft Tolerance will be suspended until brought to a current or positive balance. The fee for payment on each overdraft is $32. The credit union will pay for an overdraft if a member has opted into Debit Card Overdraft (Reg E) or regular Overdraft Tolerance, otherwise the overdraft amount would need to be paid by the member.
- If you previously enrolled in Overdraft Tolerance (ODT) prior to, you will not need to opt-in for coverage unless you need debit card coverage (Reg E opt-in).
- If you are a new member, you do not automatically qualify for ODT. You must opt-in to the program for Debit Card (Reg E) ODT coverage.
- After 30 days delinquency or a negative balance on a loan or payment, ODT will be suspended until you bring your account to a positive balance.
- There is a new account minimum balance of $50 which is determined by the date the member joined the credit union.