LAFCU takes our member security and privacy seriously. We have a variety of standards and procedures in place to protect you.
There are steps you can take to help minimize risk and protect the security of your accounts and personal information.
Tips to Protect Your Identity
- Purchase an Identity Theft Plan through CyberScout™. LAFCU, in partnership with CyberScout, offers comprehensive FraudScout identity management and monitoring services. Don't wait until you are a victim! Protect yourself for as little as $45 per year (for the minimum plan), $75 per year (for a moderate plan), or $135 per year (for maximum coverage).
- Review your financial statements and monitor transactions regularly
- Order a free credit report at Annual Credit Report
- Request that a free security freeze be placed on your credit file by contacting each of the three reporting agencies and/or contacting the FTC to receive additional information regarding security freezes
- Never leave your device unattended when using online financial services
- Lock your computer or mobile device whenever you leave it unattended
- Never use public information or common names or phrases, birth dates, etc. to create your password
- Do not reveal your password to anyone
- Do not accept friend requests from people you do not know on social networking sites
In today's digital world, it's critical that you protect your identity; it's more than just keeping your ATM, credit and debit cards secure.Go to main navigation