Equifax experienced a data breach that has impacted at least 143 million people in the United States. Equifax will be notifying any consumers that may be at risk. At LAFCU we take the security of our member's personal information very seriously.
- Order a free credit report at Annual Credit Report >>
- Don't share any personal information (including Social Security numbers, Account or Card Numbers, and Medical Information) through email, phone, texts, etc.
- Add a password to all of your accounts for added security
- Review your financial statements and monitor transactions regularly with Mobile Banking
- Purchase an Identity Theft Plan through CyberScout:
LAFCU, in partnership with CyberScout, offers comprehensive FraudScout identity management and monitoring services. Don't wait until you are a victim! Protect yourself for as little as $45.00 a year (for the minimum plan), $75.00 a year (for a moderate plan), or as little as $135.00 a year (for maximum coverage)
- Visit LAFCU's Fraud Resource Center for additional security tips
To learn more about this incident, please visit: Equifax Data Breach Website >>
Equifax also has a toll-free number to call (866-447-7559) to help consumers determine if they were affected by this breach.